Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Shells
Delight in the rich and savoury flavours of Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Shells, a comforting and hearty dish perfect for serving four. This recipe combines earthy mushrooms, tender spinach, and creamy cheese, all nestled within pasta shells and bathed in a luscious tomato sauce.
Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Shells Recipe
Indulge in the Rich Flavors of Pistachio Baklava
Are you ready to embark on a culinary journey that will transport your taste buds to the sun-kissed Mediterranean shores? Say hello to Pistachio Baklava, a sweet and nutty dessert that’s as delightful to make as it is to savor. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of creating this mouthwatering treat for four lucky individuals.
A Taste of the Mediterranean
Pistachio Baklava is a beloved dessert in Mediterranean cuisine. It combines the delicate layers of phyllo dough with the earthy crunch of pistachios, all held together by a luscious honey syrup. The result? A symphony of flavors and textures that dance on your palate.
Easy Does It
Don’t be intimidated by the thought of making baklava at home. Our recipe is designed with simplicity in mind. With just a few key ingredients and straightforward steps, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a baklava aficionado.
The Perfect Blend
The magic begins with layers of phyllo dough, generously brushed with melted butter, creating that iconic flakiness. In between, a mixture of finely chopped pistachios and ground cinnamon adds a delightful nutty aroma and flavor. The baklava is then baked to golden perfection.
The Sweet Finale
But what’s baklava without its signature sweet finish? A delectable syrup made from honey, sugar, water, and a hint of vanilla extract is drizzled over the freshly baked pastry. As it seeps into every layer, it infuses the baklava with a sweet, aromatic essence that makes it truly irresistible.
While Pistachio Baklava is undoubtedly a treat, it’s worth noting that pistachios are packed with healthy fats and protein, making this dessert not just delicious but also a somewhat nutritious choice among sweets.
A Symphony of Flavors and Textures
As you savor each bite of your homemade Pistachio Baklava, you’ll experience a harmonious blend of textures. The crispness of the phyllo dough contrasts beautifully with the crunch of pistachios, while the honey syrup adds a luxurious sweetness that lingers on your taste buds.
Whether you’re seeking to impress your guests with a stunning dessert or simply want to treat yourself to something special, Pistachio Baklava is a delightful choice. Follow our easy recipe, and you’ll be rewarded with a dessert that’s both visually stunning and undeniably scrumptious. So, roll up your sleeves, preheat that oven, and let the aroma of baklava fill your kitchen. Your culinary adventure awaits!
Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
Nutrition (per serving)
- Calories: 400
- Total Fat: 18g (23% DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV)
- Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV)
- Sodium: 680mg (30% DV)
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g (13% DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (14% DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 22g (44% DV)
- Vitamin D: 10%
- Calcium: 35%
- Iron: 20%
- Potassium: 20%
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and sauté until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Add the finely chopped mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their moisture and turn golden brown. Season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil. Stir in the chopped spinach and cook until wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and beaten egg. Mix until well combined.
- Add the mushroom and spinach mixture to the cheese mixture and stir until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Spoon the filling into the cooked pasta shells, using a tablespoon or a small scoop.
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce. Place the stuffed pasta shells in the dish, arranging them snugly.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the shells, covering them evenly.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the shells are heated through and the sauce is bubbling.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, allowing the tops to get golden and slightly crispy.
- Let the Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Shells rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired, and enjoy this comforting Italian-American classic!
- You can customize this recipe by adding other vegetables like bell peppers or zucchini to the filling.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Shells offer a satisfying dose of vitamins, minerals, and fiber from the spinach and mushrooms. Additionally, the trio of cheeses provides calcium and protein, making this dish not just delicious but also nutritious when enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
Welcome to Our Food Blog!
Welcome to Platesofflavor, where the world of culinary delights meets my passion for creating and sharing delicious recipes. I'm Harsh